NTT Institute of International Education (NIIE), a member of Nguyen Tat Thanh University, is the first international institute in Vietnam to be officially accredited by Service for International Schools, Colleges, and Universities (ASIC–UK). ASIC is a prestigious accreditation body, recognized by the Border and Immigration Agency (Home Office) compliant with UK Border Agency (UKBA) regulations and approved by Ofsted UK, specialized in accrediting the quality of education and training programs in colleges and universities in the United Kingdom as well as in many other countries worldwide.http://www.asic.org.uk/
Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and Universities, the United Kingdom
Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and Universities (ASIC) (www.asic.org.uk) is a not-for-profit accrediting committee in the UK. ASIC is approved by the UK government to endorse non-state schools in the UK and in other countries whereas select and recruit foreign students. Established since 2002 in the UK, ASIC has currently provided accreditation services to more than 440 universities, colleges throughout the UK and more than 40 colleges and universities in other countries such as France, America, Denmark, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc.
Universities and colleges accredited by ASIC must assure the stated criteria of educational quality considered throughout the UK. All the British and international education institutions that have been rewarded certification of accreditation by ASIC are required to enhance their educational quality, to assure consistency in international operations, to promote institutional improvement, and to provide for public accountability.
Accreditation and Legal Approval
- ASIC is operating under the quality recognition of the UK Border Agency (UKBA) (www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk) and is approved by Ofsted UK.
- ASIC is authorized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), USA and is a full membership of CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG), USA (http://www.cheainternational.org/pdf/CIQG%20Membership%20List.pdf)
- Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IoEE) UK has appointed ASIC to work with them to recruit and approve international IOEE Centres of Excellence. (www.ioeeinternational.org.uk/about)
Accreditation Benefits for NIIE students
- Local and international students studying at NIIE will be assured the educational quality consistent with the UK and international standards. NIIE is keen to be the first education institution to be accredited and recognized by ASIC UK in Vietnam.
- NIIE students are proud to study at the international institute in Vietnam that provides advanced educational quality equal to qualified and reputable education institutions. As required by ASIC UK, all accredited all member colleges and universities operate on the same British-standardized education system, as having approved programs of study, qualified instructors, adequate facilities and equipment, and approved recruitment and admissions policies.
- NIIE’s accreditation will be informed to all member colleges and universities as well as internationally-recognized education institutions to provide them with information as referencing for scholarships, supports and career opportunities to NIIE students.
- ASIC supports NIIE students to recognized education admission representatives with further information for higher education purposes in the UK; and develops NIIE in training cooperation and quality assurance with other international institutions.
- As accredited by ASIC, NIIE will be consulted and evaluated to become a full member of IoEE UK. It creates a great opportunity for NIIE qualified students who want to develop their careers in the UK.