Foreign Language Program
The foreign language program at NTT Institute of International Education (NIIE) is designed with updated content in line with the trends of educational innovation. The emphasis is not only on meeting the international test standards but also on developing language skills that can be applied effectively in academic, work, and social environments.
With a team of dynamic, qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic teachers, the program helps students to confidently use English in their studies, communicate in real-life situations, and achieve international test standards equivalent to B2 level (IELTS 5.5 – 6.0).
Advantages of the program include:
- One-month Intensive English course for students
- Free English proficiency test
- Experienced and dedicated teachers (50% international teachers and 50% Vietnamese teachers)
- Suitable for all student groups
- Student-centered teaching approach
- Small class sizes (20-30 students per class)
- Various supportive activities, such as outdoor learning, exchange programs with other classes, and English clubs.
Before starting the formal program, students will participate in the Intensive English Program (IEP) to review and consolidate their English knowledge. Then, they will take a placement test to determine their English proficiency level and enroll in the NIIE English Program (NEP) accordingly.
Students will be assigned to suitable NEP classes from NEP 1 to NEP 6, depending on their proficiency level.
The English curriculum at NIIE includes 6 NEP classes.
The program lasts for 2 years and includes approximately 600 hours of study.
- The first year comprises 3 NEP classes (NEP 1, 2 & 3), which mainly focus on improving the two weakest skills after completing the general English program: listening and speaking. The program also supports students in listening to lectures and presentations in English for their academic disciplines.
- The second year comprises 3 NEP classes (NEP 4, 5 & 6), which offer advanced academic English to support students in writing essays and equip them with the knowledge and skills to take English proficiency tests after completing NEP 6.
Students who complete all levels of the English program will receive an internal certificate.
Moreover, students who have international English certificates will be exempt from some program courses.